4 v 4 Beach Soccer Rules
1. Each player will be required to sign the player registration form. By signing the registration form you acknowledge that the Sports21 Inc. is not responsible for lost or stolen property or any injury that may occur during the tournament.
2. All games are 4v4 including a goalie. Substitutions may be made on the fly.
3. Playing fields will be 33 yards long and 33 yards wide. Goals will be approximately six (6) feet high by eighteen (18) feet wide.
4. Games will consist of two (2) twelve (12) minutes halves with a one (1) minute half time.
5. Goalies are not allowed to punt the ball, they may only throw or kick it off the sand.
6. There are no off-sides.
7. There are no throw-ins, all balls that go out of bounds will result in a kick-in to resume play.
8. When a ball goes out of bounds at the touchline, the team taking possession will start with an indirect kick at the point where that ball went out of play. Goal kicks will be taken anywhere on the line of the defensive penalty zone.
9. Penalty Kicks—Penalty kicks will be given for fouls and misconduct that are penalized under the FIFA Rules with a direct kick. Accordingly, a penalty kick will be awarded if a player, in the discretion of the referee:
- Commits intentional kicking, holding, tripping, charging, or pushing an opponent with excess force.
- Executes or attempts to execute a “reckless slide tackle” against an opposing player.
- Fighting will result in the player being thrown out of the tournament FOREVER.
10. Penalty kicks will be taken from the 8 yard line. All players must be out of the box when the penalty kick is being taken.
11. An indirect kick will be awarded to the opposing team for any foul that does not result in a penalty kick. For all indirect kicks, including sideline kicks, the opposing team must stand 5 yards from the ball, and all indirect kicks will be at least 5 yards from the goal zone in line with where the foul was committed. Corner kicks and penalty shots are only direct kicks in this tournament.
12. A referee reserves the right to eject any player whose behavior at any time during the tournament endangers another player, referees, or the public. The tournament director has the right to extend the ejection to multiple games or the entire tournament, if the director, in its discretion, deems it to be warranted under the circumstances. This behavior shall be defined as, but not limited to:
- Play, which injures or is meant to injure another player.
- Threatening or unsportsmanlike conduct (e.g. throwing a punch, fighting, etc.)
- Abusive language
13. Participants may only play on one team per age group/division. If a player wishes to participate in additional divisions they may do so, but must be on the roster for each team. Example: a U12 player may play in the U12 division and the U14 division or a U12 girl may play in the girls division and in U12 boys division.
14. Complete tournament rosters are not due until the day of the event. Fees need to turned in with team registration forms by registration deadline.
Bracket standings to determine quarter-finalist/semi-finalists/finalists will be based on the following:
a. WIN - 3 PTS, TIE - 1 PT, LOSS - 0 PTS
b. Total points ties will be resolved by the following tie-breakers, in order:
c. Head to Head of two teams tied where applicable (disregard if more than two teams tied)
d. Team with the least goals allowed
e. Team with the highest (positive) goal differential ( 4 maximum allowed per game)
f. Team with most goals scored up to 4 goals per game max.
b) If still tied, both teams will proceed to an available field at the Tournament Director’s discretion and determine winner by kicks from the penalty mark. 3 players from each team will participate.
Final Matches Tie Breaker
- Ties in preliminary games will remain a tie. For quarter-final, semi-final and final matches, ties will be resolved by penalty kicks taken by 3 players per team.
HAVE FUN AND RESPECT OTHERS!!!
“Lose the Shoes”4v4 beach soccer tournament is community based, family friendly, fun event! We expect players, fans and parents to conduct themselves in a positive manner.